TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
At the Anxiety & OCD Center
WHO WE HELP
Professional training and development is a strong value and key organizational goal of the Anxiety and OCD Center.
Effective evidence-based practices are not well disseminated for the anxiety and related disorders, which means that practitioners are often not trained in effective assessments and treatments. The Anxiety and OCD Center addresses this disconnect between research and clinical practice by providing training and professional development for practitioners to become professionals who are capable of taking on future leadership roles in the field of clinical psychology.
The Anxiety and OCD Center disseminates evidenced-based practices directly through a training and professional development program.
A variety of opportunities are offered to trainees, which ensure the delivery of evidence-based practices and meet training and professional development goals.
- Trainees learn evidence-based interventions through participation in didactic workshops, supported with direct access to clinical resources, educational materials, and individual and group supervision.
- Trainees participate in individual outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient treatment, professional consultation, and psychological assessment for the anxiety and related disorders.
- Trainees gain a wealth of practical experience working in interdisciplinary teams guided by experienced mentors. A team approach prepares clinicians to better learn and implement scientifically-based assessments and treatments.
In addition to developing strong, evidence-based clinical proficiency at the Anxiety and OCD Center, trainees participate in professional development talks and workshops through Dr. Erwin Consulting.
These talks and workshops, delivered to the community and professional organizations, are a key component to supporting the dissemination of evidence-based assessments and treatments.
The Anxiety and OCD Center cultivates training relationships with universities and professional organizations including:
- University of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Immaculata University
- West Chester University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Neumann University
- Temple University
- LaSalle University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association
- The Community Volunteers in Medicine
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY: